My friend Peter over at Emerging Christian recently posted this video of a DVD series produced by an ultra-conservative Christian group about resisting radical environmentalism, otherwise known as "The Green Dragon."
I don't know where to start!
1. I thought "green dragon" was what my friends used to call weed back in high school.
2. One of the so-called "experts" they interview is Bryan Fischer, a notorious ultra-right-winged fundamentalist who claims that:
* Muslims should be banned from the U.S. Army.
* The U.S. Military has become "feminized."
* Repealing Don't Ask Don't Tell is lead to "mandatory cross-dressing."
I would go on, but I think you get the picture.
3. Who exactly do they consider to be "radical environmentalists?" Do they mean eco-terrorists who often resort to violence, like the Animal Liberation Front? Or do they mean peaceful activists who challenge the way we consume and use the planet, like Wendell Berry? Something tells me this group is lumping both Berry and the eco-terrorists together.
If you want a good biblical argument for environmentalism, I suggest you read Jonathan Merritt's Green Like God, which cuts through the political rhetoric and goes straight to the Bible.
As for this DVD series, well let's say these guys must have been smoking some of that green dragon when they thought of this!